This story about Senator Artiles’ antics just won’t quit! We heard some gossip this weekend about an accident his pal got in after drinking, and now this eye-popping accusation from one of South Florida’s most engaged GLBT and HIV/AIDS awareness activists!
Michael Emanuel Rajner posted a salacious accusation against Artiles, attesting that he has an “obsession to grab other men’s genitals and buttocks!” The well-connected community champion for gay rights publicly professed to “know of one friend who he [Sen. Artiles] grabbed and another who witnessed it occur with 2 other people.”
Rajner was legislative aide to a New Jersey State Senator before he moved to Florida and isn’t some quack. He has a long resume of public service and activism for mostly liberal causes. He is the legislative director for Florida’s GLBT Democratic Caucus and sits on the Broward County Human Rights Board and the United States People Living with HIV Caucus (USPLHIV). He also sat on the Florida AIDS Drug Assistance Program Advisory Workgroup at the Florida Dept. of Health. (see his awards below the story)
He made the announcement on Kristin Carter’s Facebook wall discussing the story. Many of us know Kristin from her time working with the Senate for Senator Rich. She now works for the Broward County Commission,
To use an often used phrase these days: If true, this revelation is a real bombshell about the ultra-conservative “excommunicated” Senator.
NOT SOME KOOK: Michael Rajner has been recognized for his contributions to our community, GLBT rights, and HIV/AIDS awareness:
- Presented with the Florida AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) Advisory Workgroup Services Award – Consumer Representative in January 2014
- Activist Extraordinaire – 2014 Out 50 South Florida’s Most Influential People, South Florida Gay News
- 2013 Best Local Activist – The Florida Agenda
- 2012 Democrat of the Year – Broward County Democratic Party
- Humanitarian of the Year – Broward Young Democrats
- 2011 Voice for Equality Award – Equality Florida.
- POZ 100 (December 2010 and 2011) – POZ Magazine
- Featured on the cover of POZ Magazine in November 2009
- Activist of the Year; 2008 Stars of the Rainbow, Gay & Lesbian Community Center of South Florida (now The Pride Center)
- 2007 Keith D. Cylar – United States AIDS Activist Award by Housing Works, Inc.
- In 2007, the State of New Jersey passed a Joint Legislative Resolution commending him for his contributions in the AIDS movement.
- Activist of the Year – The Independent’s 2006 People of the Year Awards.